Hi,

Justin Smithies wrote:
> Tried installing OSG as instructed by your emails and maked and installed in
> the correct order.
> But make on the openproducer just threw up this error ?????
> HELP ........

[SNIP]

> Maybe someone has a script to correctly build FG-OSG for linux from cvs that
> works ?????

Yes, I have:

ftp://ftp.uni-duisburg.de/FlightGear/Misc_rag/fgfs-builder/

If you want to do it without fgfs-builder, use the following
instructions. I assume that you already have development libraries for
openal installed.

1. Get OpenThreads (http://openthreads.sourceforge.net/), compile and
install it

2. (optional) Get OpenProducer
(http://www.andesengineering.com/Producer/index.html), compile and
install it.

3. Either get the OpenSceneGraph-sources Mathias provided or get
OpenSceneGraph (http://www.openscenegraph.org/) from CVS (revision
OpenSceneGraph_1_2_release_revision_1 should do it) and apply Mathias'
patches. Compile and install. If you did not follow step 2
(OpenProducer), you need to use

   make PRODUCER_INSTALLED=no all

In step 1-3, you can pass INST_LOCATION=<path> to the make command to
specify an alternative installation location <path>. In that case you
need to pass the OpenThreads directories in OPENTHREADS_INC_DIR and
OPENTHREADS_LIB_DIR in steps 2 and 3 and the OpenProducer directories in
PRODUCER_INC_DIR and PRODUCER_LIB_DIR in step 3.

4. Get plib (http://plib.sf.net), compile and install.

5. Get SimGear (http://www.simgear.org), compile and install. On
configuration, use the "--with-osg"-option to specify where you
installed OpenSceneGraph.

6. Get FlightGear (http://www.flightgear.org), compile and install. On
configuration, again, use the "--with-osg"-option to specify where you
installed OpenSceneGraph.

Now you should have a FlightGear-binary. Of course, you still need the
data package.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Ralf