Curt,

I honour the fact that hosting the FlightGear servers costs you areal
money and that a common way to fund this is by placing advertising on
the web pages. This is ok for me as long as the ads somehow relate to
the FlightGear project.

Today my browser was redirected from the large frame just right to the
"Announcements" column to the following page:

  http://www.microsoft.com/germany/diefakten/default.mspx

Does Google Ads really offer _so_ much money that it justifies this
obtuse propaganda at a prominent place on the FlightGear site ? I
heavily doubt !

Cheers,
        Martin.