On 1/17/07, Torsten Dreyer wrote:

> To be honest: I've never ever seen a real 182RG in the wild. As an
> aircraft of similar class the Centurion RG is much more likely to
> 'occur',
Here is one that I flew a few years ago - so the DO exist! This one even
has a
supercharged engine (but forgot about the details)

http://www.flugzeugbilder.de/show.php?id=511946

A buddy of mine is a pilot and is a member of a flying club that owns a
182RG.  I flew in it once several years ago.

This airplane had a gear issue one time while he was flying and he wasn't
confident (or even hopeful) that the gear were down and locked.  So he
declared an emergency and it must not have been a very busy day at KMSP (the
local international airport) so they had him fly down there to land.  They
lined up the fire trucks and he said they had so much equipment out there,
they could have had the fire out before he stopped sliding.  Thankfully the
gear did hold up on the landing so everything was fine.  He flew back to his
home airport with the gear down the whole way.

Curt.
--
Curtis Olson - University of Minnesota - FlightGear Project
http://baron.flightgear.org/~curt/  http://www.humanfirst.umn.edu/