--- Francois du Plessis wrote:
> Hi
> I need to record the control and the environmental (position, velocity,
> etc.) data for a helicopter for some research that I am busy with.  I am
> very new ot FG, but it seems like I will be able to use the --generic
> option
> to grab the data from FG while flying it.  The problem is that I cannot
> find
> the property tree entry for collective pitch and lateral and
> longitudinal
> cyclic pitch.  I guess the tail rotor is defined in terms of the rudder.
> Can anyone help?
>
> Regarding the --generic option, the README.IO file states the following:
>
> Generic Communction:
>
>     --generic=params
>
>     With this option it is possible to output a pre-configured
>     ASCII string using a predefined seperator. The configuration is
>     defined in an XML file located in the Protocol directiory of
>     the base package.
>
>     params can be:
>     serial port communication:    serial,dir,hz,device,baud,protocol
>     socket communication:
> socket,dir,hz,machine,port,style,protocol
>     output to a file:             file,dir,hz,filename,protocol
>
> But what is the name of the XML file? As I see it the "filename" option
> in
> the list "file,dir,hz,filename,protocol" refers to the output file and
> not
> the XML file containing the options.

"protocol" is the name of the .xml file that contains your definitions in
the $FG_ROOT/Protocol/ directory, without the ".xml" suffix.

So

--generic=file,out,10,flight.csv,helidata

would output to the file "flight.csv" using the protocol definition in
$FG_ROOT/Protocol/helidata.xml

Hope this helps.

-Stuart

> Francois

The all-new Yahoo! Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from
your Internet provider. http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html