On 1/25/07, Ampere K. Hardraade  wrote:

> Actually, it wouldn't be hard to implement a cloaking device. Just make
> every object an animation, and turn it off...
Ah, but on the shows, the ships don't disappear suddenly; they fade out
with
that characteristic cloaking noise. :)

> Kind of defeats the purpose of having the model though, unless you're in
> multi-player environment.
Actually, I'm not sure it will work across the network.  Which means you
might
not be able to see yourself, but others can see your perfectly.

Sounds strikingly similar to that unfortunate incident I had last summer
with the cloaking body suit I bought off of ebay. :-(

Curt.
--
Curtis Olson - University of Minnesota - FlightGear Project
http://baron.flightgear.org/~curt/  http://www.humanfirst.umn.edu/