--- Melchior FRANZ wrote:
> * Martin Spott -- Thursday 25 January 2007:
> > Melchior FRANZ wrote:
> > > Yes. And let's call it the "unofficial" handbook. The "official" one
> > > is the funny one with the archaic screenshots (2D panel, legacy GUI
> > > style with text not fitting in buttons, etc.).  :-}
> >
> > Well, you certainly know that, aside from fixing it yourself, giving a
> > detailed "bug report" is the best start for improvement  ;-)
> > We're open for suggestions [...]
>
> I mocked the "official" handbook -- you know, the German one. Not the
> "unofficial" one. But if I hit a nerve here, and the "unofficial" TFM
> has the same problems, then be my guest. As long as the legacy GUI style
> is the default, the text not fitting in buttons is a feature, so the
> images are just fair. In a sad way.  ;-)

To digress somewhat, isn't it about time we made the alternative GUI style
the default? Personally, I've been using it continually since it came out
and now find the legacy default version clunky and particularly
distracting when flying at night.

And while people are still suffering the culture-shock of the new GUI,
let's put "..." at the end of every menu entry that brings up a dialog
box. I submitted a patch to this effect ages ago which would make the FG
GUI much more consistent with other applications, but people found it
strange.

You know it makes sense :)

-Stuart

The all-new Yahoo! Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from
your Internet provider. http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html