Melchior wrote:
>Now Dave sent me a patch which puts a generic kap140.nas into
>$FG_ROOT/Aircraft/Instruments/, and I guess now is the time
>to finally decide where such optional Nasal instrument (or
>other) addons should go:

There is a logic to using $FG_ROOT/Aircraft/Instruments/  that has
not been mentioned.
This file is only the interface via properties to a number of other files
that are key to implementing the KAP140 in its various forms.

The AC dependent xml configuration file is in
$FG_ROOT/Aircraft/"ACname"/Systems

The -set.xml file must point to either
$FG_ROOT/Instruments/KAP140TwoAxis.xml, or
$FG_ROOT/Instruments/KAP140TwoAxisAlt.xml
depending on which model of the KAP140 is desired.

All the KAP140s so far are 2d instruments.

The thought was by putting kap140.nas in the same
place as the required generic xml files, it would be
easier for someone to implement this autopilot in other
AC.  Today, 6 AC versions use this one file:
pa24-250, c172p, c172p-2dpanel, c182, c182rg, and
IIRCC a 2dpanel c182.

I believe that the radio stack entries for all these AC reside
in $FG_ROOT/Aircraft/Instruments

Dave Perry