Melchior FRANZ schrieb:
> * Georg Vollnhals -- Monday 19 February 2007:
>
>> just as a feedback - when reading the INSTALL file from the downloaded
>>

> Eew ... don't read that!  ;-)
>
> Blender seems to support three build systems: "good" old autotools,
> scons, and cmake. I use scons for it and this makes building quite
> simple. (cmake didn't work for me last time I tried.) All you should
> have to do is install scons (http://www.scons.org/; doesn't seem to
> be contained on the SuSE DVD), and to run it. Maybe you'd have to
> install some missing libs from the DVD, but there are no special
> requirements IIRC.

Hi Melchior,
this is just as a feedback not only for you but also for other
interested Blender user with the same problem (Python 2.5 installed on
the OS) that your help was successful!
I built my own binary of Blender 2.43 for Python 2.5 this evening

- using scons as I could download and install it very easy with YAST
(install programs)
- installing Python developers package (source) and OpenEXR via YAST
- using a modified linux2-config.py file, changing to (*same as you did
with your script*)

    BF_PYTHON_VERSION = '2.5'
    ..
    WITH_BF_OPENAL = 'false'

Scons is a real hit, it just compiled with no errors so far.

Thank you once again for your help!

Regards
Georg

BTW:
> Especially I am interested in the Blender Caliper Measure script which
> runs up with this binary and accepts all inputs but crashes when I hit
> the button "Measure". Do you have Caliper installed? If yes, does it
> work together with Python 2.5? Just curious about.
Working now very fine. But the real reason is not my new compile but
that I did not read the manual carefully enough :-/