Norman Vine wrote:

> Leidson Campos A. Ferreira writes:
> >
> >     Start fg with --jpg-httpd=port, then you should get a
> screenshot in
> > your
> >     browser, since it's a simple request
> >     you could code the http get request in you application,
> not sure if
> > it's
> >     fast enought for realtime.
> >

> > Is really fast. I'm using the --jpg-httpd option to interface
> > FlightGear with a ground station developed under C++
> Builder compiler
> > and I can receive almost 20 frames by second in my local network.
>
> :-)
>
> > But to run with this speed you will need get the CVS version
> > of FlightGear because I think that latest release, 0.9.10,
> > this feature was not optimized like CVS version.
>
> I just looked at the CVS code and this has changed *very* little
> since it's initial release over 5 years ago  :-)
>
> Good to see this feature being used !

Note if you are using this on a local network it would be trivial
To change the code to return the data directly  bypassing the
compression/decompression overhead, this should speed things up
If your network can handle the bandwidth  :-)

< local machine or GigE would handle that easily though >

Cheers

Norman