> >>(p,q,r)
> >to be zero. Phi, theta, psi (Eluer angles) are measured with
> respect to the
> >local frame. In a steady turn, the euler *rates* would be non-zero.
>
> Nope. Not 100% true. (p,q,r) zero in steady turn: very wrong!
>
> Jon said it:

Yes, did you see the email I sent last night? I mentioned my mistake and
added more information.

Can you verify which aircraft you are flying with (which FDM?)? I see you
mention the Native FDM, but it's not clear what your setup is to me.

> I must say the idea of running the flight dynamics model as a
> script without
> need for FG sounds cool to me (an electronic/control/aero nerd in the
> making) .... :-)

If you are interested in running an FDM in a standalone mode by itself
(which I do for testing, and other purposes), see these references:

www.jsbsim.org
www.jsbsimcommander.org (for control system development in JSBSim aircraft)
http://jsbsim.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/User%27s_Manual
http://jsbsim.sourceforge.net/AutomaticFlightInJSBSim.pdf

Theoretically, a JSBSim script should work the same with JSBSim by itself
and with FlightGear - I designed it that way for testing. But, I haven't yet
tested that capability. There would be a couple of small changes needed to
allow a JSBSim script to work in FlightGear. Anyhow, it works fine by
itself, which is useful in a lot of circumstances.

Jon