Syd & Sandy wrote:
> Hi all ,
> Not sure how to describe this , I get a barely visible hesitation in
> framerates while flying, about once a second . Noticed it in the
> Aerostar , so I suspected my Nasal electrical routine was causing it
> .... but after changing the loop timing  it didnt seem to match ....
> Running with log-level = info , it appears to closely match the
> refreshing timestamp message , but not entirely positive yet...
> Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this ?

I have seen it and I assumed (but haven't really tried to verify) that
it was related to file IO.  File access such as loading aircraft (and
I'm guessing scenery also) appears to block the processing of the main
loop, resulting in a freeze that may be as short as to go unnoticed or
as long as 3 or 4 seconds.

This is especially noticeable when flying on an mp server when another
pilot joins. The worst case seems to be when someone joins the mp server
with an aircraft for which I do not have files; while fg searches my
entire /data/Aircraft directory, my simulation is suspended. This makes
flying awkward.

I have seen some of the discussions regarding multi-threading and I
understand the desire to limit the complexity of program flow. However,
I think that at least *some* specific file IO should be arranged such
that it is non-blocking for the main loop.

--
Reagan Thomas