Martin Spott wrote:

>Why is setting to 0.0 not sufficient to reach the desired goal ?
>
>       Martin.

This lines only initialize the internal values of the electrical system.
The properties are set in the propagate function :
        // publish values to specified properties
        for ( i = 0; i < node->get_num_props(); ++i ) {
            fgSetFloat( node->get_prop(i).c_str(), node->get_volts() );
        }
But this is only done if :
    // if this node has found a stronger power source, update the
    // value and propagate to all children
    if ( volts > node->get_volts() ) {
        node->set_volts( volts );

So with the power switches off we have volts == 0 and we never enter the
if statement and the properies stay with their old content.

Harald.