On Fri, 25 May 2007, leee wrote:

> http://www.air-and-space.com/Antonov%20An-225%20Mriya.htm
>
> it's the rear four sets.  This site also has some nice pics of the main gear,
> which show that the front three and rear four units are different, if anyone
> would like to make more detailed and accurate main gear units:)

(I can barely make a cube in Blender -- so don't look at me ;)

I suspect it can also kneel like the An-124. Looks like that on some of the
pictures too. But the 124 has a different setup with the main gear
steering, with the two forward axels steerable instead.

And rumor has it they are working on finishing the second 225 down in Kiev
now. The one they have in operation is booked up most of the time.

> The AN-225 also has a max taxiing weight but I couldn't find the doc which
> stated what it was:(  Basically, it means that the AN-225 cannot make ground
> turns above this weight and so for mtow takeoffs it has to be lined up on the
> runway and then loaded.  Unlike the AN-124, from which it was developed, it
> was never intended for short-field operation.

That information ought to be in the 2001 civil type certificate. (which may
have been published in Ukranian only though) I found the type certificate
number for it: (in latin-faked kyrillic) CTOK200-AH-225, but not the
document itself. (well, I can't google in non-latin alphabets)

We should add some more hard points to it. One can easily dip a wingtip or
engine in the ground now by turning too hard at too high taxi speed. Max
taxi speed is probably also specified in the type cert. And CG limits, and
other goodies...