On 6/27/07, Martin Spott wrote:
> "wim van hoydonck" wrote:
>
> > Whenever I look outside in fg, the framerate skyrockets to values
> > around 300 which induce stutter in the simulation.
> >
> > A (partial) solution would be to increase /sim/model-hz in the
> > internal properties browser, so that less time is available to render
> > the outside visuals.
>
> Once there was a
>
>   --prop:/sim/frame-rate-throttle-hz=<Number>
>
> flag, see if it still works for example by setting it to 30 or 60 Hz,

Hi Martin,

That did the trick for the display frame rate, thanks.

On 6/27/07, Csaba Halász  wrote:
> On 6/27/07, wim van hoydonck wrote:
> >
> > A (partial) solution would be to increase /sim/model-hz in the
> > internal properties browser, so that less time is available to render
> > the outside visuals.
> >
> > But there is a problem with increasing the FDM update frequency.
> > If I set it to e.g. 480 (4x the normal value), I actually fly 4 times
> > as fast over the scenery. The speed indications in the  HUD and on the
> > instruments do display correct values.
>
> Does it also occur if you use the --model-hz command line option? (I
> don't know if that does any extra stuff besides setting the property.)

Hi Csaba,

I've been playing a bit with passing the model-hz as command-line
option and the following are my observations:

- Setting model-hz through the command line options to e.g. 600,
everything works fine. Setting it back to 120 during flight, makes the
plane 5 times as sluggish.

- Leaving model-hz at its default (120) at startup, everything works
fine. Then, setting it in flight to 600 makes the plane respond/fly 5
times as fast.

So it seems that only changing /sim/model-hz in-flight results in
wrong behaviour/outside visuals (with fg/osg).

Can anyone confirm this?

Greetings,

Wim