Hello Gerard,

very nice Aircraft indeed

Am Freitag, den 29.06.2007, 23:07 +0200 schrieb gh.robin:
> On Fri 29 June 2007 21:55, Martin Spott wrote:
> > >
> > > yes it is given to stall at 91 kt, the model with that "crude" FDM
> > > [...]
> >
> > I didn't intend to blame the FDM for doing wrong, I was just a bit
> > surprised how this beast behaves at stall and how difficult stall
> > recovery might become ....  It would be nice to know if this is
> > actually similar to the 'real' one,
> >
> >     Martin.
>
> Diff   icult to answer,  just this,  which has been written :
>
> =>About the only significant short coming of the Lightning was spin/.stall
> recovery, which could be a bear, especially at low altitude. That's is why
> this film cautions strongly against entering a spin below 10,000'<=

the manual states:

As stalling speed is approached, the center section stalls first with
noticeable shaking of the airplane, however, the ailerons remain
effective.

In either "power-on" or "power-off" stalls with flaps and landing gear
up, the airplane "mushes" straight forward in a well-controlled stall.
With flaps and landing gear down, there appears to be a slight tendency
for one wing to drop. There is, however, no tendency to spin. Under
these conditions, the nose drops slightly and, as the speed increases,
the wing will come up.

SPINS.
Deliberate spinning is prohibited because the spin tends to flatten out
after two or three turns. When this occurs, the control column is forced
back and engine power must be used to help get the control column
forward. Before flattening out, normal recovery may be made without
power. Recovery is made' by applying full opposite rudder and easing the
control column forward.

If you don't already have it, I will send it to you.

Greetings

Detlef