On 07/07/2007 05:16 AM, Gordan Sikic wrote:
> Dear John,
>
> I didn't have any intention to start any quarrellings with you. Being
> open minded, I've just asked you to share your literature with us, and I
> don't understand why you feel so pissed off.

Why do you think I am "pissed" at you?  AFAICT there's not
even a question about polarity, let alone a pissy question.

>  If you really do not have
> any literature to share with us, just say (write) so.

1) I am traveling right now.  I am away from my books.  But I
  remain confident that the books say what I said they say.

2) There was one brief misunderstanding, but I thought that was
  cleared up with help of Jon Berndt, so I thought there was no
  need for literature or for additional clarification.

3) I consider this misunderstanding trivial, because the ideas
  and the code remain the same;  only the wording of my explanation
  needed to change.

4) I have already apologized once for this brief and superficial
  misunderstanding.  What more do I need to do?

>>> "Aircraft control and simulation", by Brian Stevens and Frank Lewis,
>>> on page 128, there is a table (TABLE 3.3.1), where is clearly stated
>>> that positive movements of all primary control surfaces produce
>>> negative moments.
>>
>> 1) As Jon B. pointed out, I intended to talk about cockpit control
>> deflections, not physical aerosurface deflections.  I'm a pilot
>> and flight instructor, and I sometimes lapse into pilot-speak
>> without realizing it.
>>
>> I thought it was obvious from context that I was talking about
>> cockpit controls and cockpit indicators, but I gather it wasn't
>> sufficiently obvious.  Sorry.
>>
>> 2) The fact remains that FG does not consistently follow either
>> convention.  My patch makes it possible to present a consistent
>> convention to the pilot.
>>
>> If this does not address the point you were making, please re-ask
>> the question.

Note that the FG properties
   /controls/flight/rudder
   /controls/flight/elevator
   /controls/flight/aileron
pertain to cockpit controls, not to "control surfaces" directly.
If anybody thinks that these properties are conventional as to
polarity, please say so.  I have not yet heard anyone say that
they are.

Unless/until I hear that there actually is a issue here, I will
assume there is no issue, and no need for me to cite literature
or say anything more.