This whole idea could be leveraged to a time state as well.
This would allow people who want to do period of time simming to share
the same servers.

You could declare your period of time of exitence and your software
would render only other objects identifing themselves in a similiar
window of time you specify (say ealry 1900's or 2007 our 2050)

This would be a great extension.
Buildings and other objects would have a stated period of creation date
and then standard aging routines could put say more and more
deterioration over the textures as they were rendered in a time period
further from the buildings creations date or no building at all if
before the creation date.

The simmer could define their onw window of time as wide as they
desire.

People they see but who define themselves outside that same window could
show up renders as say a clear outline.

For people not interested in combat they could just declare themselves
invulnerable and turn off visibilty of combat vehicles operating in
their area.

Meanwhile combat vehicles could contnue to straff them invisbly as human
piloted drones.

You just need a turn off vehicles indentying themselves as combat
switch.
Then everyone could still operate through the same servers in the same
airspace.

Persistance would be guided by whether the obejct was comabt or non
combat.

For objects that are visible in both arenas such as buildings, there
would be two states. Those wsimming wiith the combat switch turned on
would have their software render the combat state (ok,burning, flattened
etc) and those with it turned off would render the noncombat state of
the building.

Pretty simple reallly.

Basically any object signing on to the server would have a tag
indentifying itself as combat or non combat participating.

On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 1:16 pm, AnMaster wrote:

www.GlobalBoiling.com for daily images about hurricanes, globalwarming
and the melting poles.

www.ElectricQuakes.com daily solar and earthquake images.