On jeu 6 décembre 2007, Stuart Buchanan wrote:
> --- gerard robin wrote:
> > Nobody (but me) has talked   about the Concorde which is highly
> > elaborated why ?
>
> Probably because few people on the -dev list take the time to fully get to
> grips with it.
>
> As you say - it is a very complicated aircraft. Unfortunately that makes it
> difficult to get to grips with, and quite specialized.
>
> Another reason to suggest that it shouldn't be included is that it is quite
> large (IIRC 18MB?).
>
> > Yes the bf109 is difficult to take off , but because FG is not a game the
> > author was right to do it.
> > Our best choice should be to show that FG is a simulator (not a game),
> > and some real aircraft which were difficult to fly, are difficult to fly
> > in FG.
> >
> >From looking at the FG Forums, a lot of new users to FG don't have
> > joysticks and
>
> pedals, which really are required if you're going to successfully fly the
> bf109 and the other big taildraggers.
>
> > Or, for the future, the authors will develop every aircraft with a FDM
> > c172 like.
>
> Why does everyone always gang up on the poor c172 ? :(
>
> -Stuart

Don't make me wrong  :)

To me c172 become the best representative.

Learning to pilot on c172 (in reality or in FG)  is a pleasure
We could have a dream:
every aircraft being so easy to fly.

FlightGear must have within the base package every difficulties from the
easier to  the most difficult.
We must tell to the newbie a list of Aircraft with degree of difficulties  , i
guess he must start with the c172.
In reality does some pilot student start to learn to fly on an f18 or a
mirage ? i don't think so.
FG is the same, and the talk with bf109 demonstrate that nice taildragger
cannot be flown by anybody who is not experienced, which does not mean it
must be OUT.
The high level   of FG need these Aircrafts  difficult to fly but real.

OR
like i said before we are on the same level of any others FS non free , with
an advantage   to them they they have an eye candy with scenery.
We don't have it.

Regards

--
Gérard