[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I don't think turning turbulance to zero by dedault is a good solution.
>
> If the problem is only in JSBSim then it should be fixed. Meanwhile we can pro
> vide the zero turbulance workaround in a wiki page or some other place.

The problem is the default AC (c172p) with the default turbulence has
the 0 to 500 ft boundary layer turbulence set to 0.1 which is enough to
set off this oscillation.
> I want to know what is the real cause of the problem. turbulance is just one f
> actor of the cause, I think.

There is a long thread discussing what appears to be adverse aileron
yaw.  Since most AP's control roll with aileron only, right aileron
causes a roll to the right with a yaw to the left.  It is so noticeable
with the SenecaII (with no auto coordination) that the ball is
eventually pegged at one extreme and then the other and you see the yaw
response and aileron inputs from the AP almost 180 degrees out of
phase.  If you turn on auto coordination, the oscillations disappear.  I
tried Jon Berndt's suggestion of adding a scaling value.  It had only
minimal affect.  Even with this set to 0.0, the yaw problem persists.

-Dave Perry