* AnMaster -- Saturday 08 December 2007:
> Melchior FRANZ wrote:
> > You probably defined a variable named "aircraft" somewhere else
> > in the joystick driver file, and this overwrote the "aircraft"
> > namespace

> Ah, should call it aircraft-model or something then. Thanks I was
> not aware that nasal would do this.

Nasal doesn't do this by itself. That's a joystick driver feature.
The same is true in the keyboard.xml file and dialog XML files.
It allows to define generic parts like functions and variables in
a separate <nasal> block, and to use them in all nasal bindings.
If you define a local "aircraft" variable, then this will have
precedence over the a global one.

m.