I just found that if you use (at least) a rotate animation and pass it a
bad property in the following form:
foo/bar/[0]/something

You get this misleading error message:
Could not find at least one of the following objects for animation:

SomeObjectName

This happens even when the object name is correct. Simply misspelling
the property will not cause this either. It has to be an index right
after a '/'. This had me looking at the .ac file and the wrong part of
the animation for quite a while before I happened to spot the typo in
the <property> tag.

Josh