Hi Curt,

Curtis Olson a écrit :
> On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 7:20 AM, Georg Vollnhals wrote:
>
>     James A. Treacy schrieb:
>     ..
>     > For example, I'd love to get away with a Radeon 3450 (low power,
>     > fanless and only about $50) but will get something more powerful if
>     > needed.
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     ..
>     > *MOST IMPORTANT*
>     > What is the cpu and graphics card in your system and what frame
>     rates
>     > do you get in flightgear? Also give your OS.
>     >
>     > Hopefully we'll get enough information from this thread so I can
>     > update the wiki with something more useful.
>     >
>     >

>     1. Don't buy an ATI graphic card at the moment. Not the hardware
>     but the
>     drivers are a big problem (not only) with FlightGear. AMD - the new
>     owner of ATI - hopefully will improve this bad point in the future but
>     actually you'll find a lot of users who are disappointed - more
>     details
>     see the International FlightGear Forum or the mailing list archve.
>

> I'd like to qualify this statement slightly.  This is good advice for
> linux users, but as far as I know, the ATI windows drivers are just
> fine.  So folks that run windows shouldn't have a problem with ATI
> cards and flightgear.

I won't be so sure. My notebook with ATI X1300 that is able to run FG
1.0.0 crash ( BSOD ) when trying to run FG OSG. Maybe a driver problem
but unfortunately Dell hasn't release a new one for age and stock ATI
driver refuse to install on this notebook. Hopefully graphic card for
desktop computer is another story ...

-Fred

--
Frédéric Bouvier