On Wednesday 23 April 2008 17:30, Adam Dershowitz wrote:
> I am interested if there is a way to make a 2-D panel visible
> when not in the cockpit view?  I have a mini-panel that shows a
> few variables, and I want to know if there is a way to make this
> small panel of information visible when looking at an outside
> view of the aircraft. Is there just a property that hides the
> panel for views other then view 0?  Is this handled by a nasal
> script somewhere?  Or is it coded directly into the sourcecode
> somewhere?
>
> /sim/panel/visibility stays true for other views, when the panel
> is not actually visible.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --Adam

You need to amend panel.cxx to remove the test in fgPanelVisible for
the current view being the cockpit view:-

bool
fgPanelVisible ()
{
     const FGPanel* current = globals->get_current_panel();
     if (current == 0)
        return false;
     if (current->getVisibility() == 0)
        return false;
//     if (globals->get_viewmgr()->get_current() != 0)
//      return false;
     if (current->getAutohide() &&
globals->get_current_view()->getHeadingOffset_deg() *
SGD_DEGREES_TO_RADIANS != 0)
        return false;
     return true;
}

Note that the line below the commented test has been line-wrapped in
this posting and should be a single line.

LeeE