Stefan Seifert schrieb:
> On Saturday 26 April 2008 21:08:15 Georg Vollnhals wrote:
>
>> Sorry for that - my new O/S OpenSUSE 10.3 has some difficulties with my
>> hardware-clock - at least using Wine changes the time and day and I have
>> to correct that manually. And a time-jump would be nicer backwards
>> regarding my age :-)
>>

> I have two servers at work with similar time problems. They vanished when I
> switched clocksource from tsc to hpet (echo hpet
>
>> /sys/devices/system/clocksource/clocksource0/current_clocksource).
>>
> Persistent by addint the clock=hpet parameter to the kernel command line.
>
> Maybe the same works for you.
>
> Regards,
> Stefan

Hi Stefan,

this was hard for me .. as a Linux amateur :-/
Although there are so different Linux systems, maybe you can have a look
at what I did and give me a feedback - if possible:

I "googled" a lot and found out to put this "kernel command line
parameter" into the GRUB config.
Although I am not sure the "clock" parameter is allowed (I did not find
it in a list of these) I first entered it manually when GRUB started and
- as the boot-process seemed to work "normal" I added it to the Grub
config file (/boot/grub/menu.lst).
This is not named Grub.cfg anymore for my O/S but menu.lst is the right
one, I think.
I added it to the following lines within menu.lst:

default 0
timeout 8
clock=hpet
gfxmenu (hd2,0)/boot/message

At least there seems no negative result when booting.
Is that the right way to proceed?

Thank you very much in advance for your help
Georg