* Markus Zojer -- Friday 02 May 2008:
> Since the existing preset/offset seems not to be designed for that, I
> strongly suggest to follow syds proposal to change the value to -30 as
> it helps to solve the existing inconsistency.

Fiddling with constants that are better in some cases and
worse in others is certainly not the solution, no matter how
"strongly" it is suggested. I wouldn't want a helicopter placed
30 m away from the edge of a helipad.

What's wrong with using a property that defaults to 5, and that
aircraft developers can set to whatever they feel like?

  s|5.0|fgGetDouble("/sim/airport/runways/start-offset-m", 5.0)|

m.