I believe I have cvs commit log mailing list messages working again.

The issue is that source forge will not accept a posted message unless it
can connect back to the sending server on port 25 to "verify" that it is a
legitimate mail server and not some idiot in a coffee house mailing out
billions of spam.  Good idea in principle, except port 25 to this machine
was blocked at the router level by the building net admins.  I finally got
the local net admins to open up that port, but it still didn't work.  Turns
out by default sendmail was configured to only accept mail from the local
host ... a nice security measure to prevent a machine from being
inadvertently used as a spam relay.  Well, it's annoying that I have to
reduce security on my machine in order to satisfy source forge's added
security, but it is what it is.  But it still didn't work.  Finally it
occured to me that the cvs server has a firewall and I need to open up the
port there too. (duhhh)  So after chipping away at it here and there as time
was available, I think it's all working and we should be seeing commit log
messages once again on the flightgear-cvslogs mailing list.

Regards,

Curt.
--
Curtis Olson: http://baron.flightgear.org/~curt/