Hi Christian!

Christian Mayer wrote:
> if the triangulation code causes trouble, you could try CGAL
> (http://www.cgal.org/). They have very robust and well designed
> computational geometry codes.

Thank you for the hint.

In the meantime I have found out that it is not TriangleJRS that causes
the problems, but rather TerraGear itself in that it does some further
processing before triangulation but after calculation of the
point-in-polygon.

I know that CGAL is used by Frederic Bouvier's FlightGear Scenery
Designer and maybe using that is an option in case of a TerraGear
rewrite ;-) (Note that I do think that the FGSD is a very good thing
(TM), we just need something that can do batches of work on a headless
machine - such as regenerating World Scenery on some high-performance
machine nearly on the other side of the globe ;-) )

Currently, I am working on a fix that involves doing the
point-in-polygon calculations _after_ the creation of the vertex and
edge lists. This way the points-in-polygon should be consistent with the
constrained edges TriangleJRS sees.

Cheers,
Ralf