Alex Romosan wrote:

> i hate to bring this up again but i still think the speedbrakes don't
> work as they should, instead generating quite a lot of lift. i've
> tested this on final approach at about 160-170 knots, speedbrakes on;
> i can keep the plane level. retract the speedbrakes, the plane starts
> descending really fast (the nose position doesn't change). open the
> speed brakes, the plane goes climbing. again this is with the engine
> at idle and at very slow speeds.

Believe me, this is correct behavior, and this is why:

The fuselage sections on either side, between the the engine compartment
(the round tube) and the wing root are good for 15% to 25% of the
generated lift. Get them wrong on RC controlled model airplanes and it
won't even fly properly (I know this from second hand experience).

Now, if you deploy the speedbrakes the lower clamp shell acts exactly
like a flap at the rear end of the wing. If it weren't for the presence
of the upper clamp shell, it wouldn't even produce much drag.

I can assure you; it is modeled correctly now.

Erik