Melchior FRANZ wrote:

> Umm, no. Actually, everyone here who has understood the GPL
> *does* accept that others make money with their work. Because
> that's part of the licence. You can sell the bo105 for one
> billion dollars, if you like.

If I intended to adapt to Melchior's habits, I should start this
posting with "everyone here who has read the GPL ...."  ;-)

The GPLv2 contains a list of constraints which apply to the
distribution of the covered work. This, among other items, includes
charging "for the physical act of transferring a copy" (§1).
According to the text in §4, every distribution of the work in a way
that doesn't match these constraints is explicitly prohibited.

In other words: You may charge a billion dollars for the distribution
of the bo105, if you're able to devliver a plausible explanation (at
least on demand) why distribution of this work is that expensive. So,
even though the model of the BO-105 in FlightGear is really well-done,
the only valid interpretation, according to the GPLv2, of the wording
to "sell the bo105" is to charge for its distribution.

Cheers,
        Martin.