On Thu, 2008-09-18 at 16:45 -0400, Geoff wrote:
> Hello all -
>
> I have added a menu item to the Environment which brings up a dialog
> with some data fields for the user to fill in.
>
> My question is: what do I do when the <property> field doesn't exist?
> How do I create a new one and where can I find out what ones are
> available.  (The README.properties is sadly lacking).

Having googled for answers for days and not gotten much pertinent
information, let me restate my problem and question.

I add to the FG menu a selection for "Underway" which is my "addon".
When this menu item is selected a dialog pops up.  One of the items in
the dialog is, for instance, an input field where the user needs to
enter an IP address.  I would like to a) put a default value in the
input field and b) obviously be able to read the value when the user
ok's the dialog.  The IP address would be *my* variable and not a
FlightGear variable.

Is this possible?  Is there an example of how to do this?

--
Geoff McLean
McLean Research Associates

"To be good is not enough when you dream of being great."