I hope that you will forgive me for this off topic question, but i
think this is in someway still a good enough forum to ask such a
question..

I have for quite sometime based my work mostly on svn and a lot of
several calls to diff/patch since i was developing on the same code
base from several different pc's/labtops.

First of i am rather tired of the burden of having to move every piece
of information with diff files from pc to pc - but however that is my
environment and i cannot do it any differently (im simply not allowed)

But back to the core of my question:

I have a version in my svn repository that i am doing active
development on several different machines. I am not allowed to do any
commits to the repository before the code is in a somewhat stable
state. For that reason i each time perform a "svn diff . >
something.patch" when i want to merge the development of two different
machines..

I move the diff from the one pc to the another - check out a new
version of the repository in another directory and then performs a
directory compare of the two directories from which i merge the data.

The method works - but by god i think the procedure is awful.. is it
not possible to do it without having to check out an extra version of
the reposity into a new directory? How do you guys do it on the flight
gear project?

--
Tobias Nielsen