Melchior FRANZ wrote:
> I guess we have to define what "actual" means here. As far as I
> know by now, there are three variants:
>
> (a) "original" OpenAL by Loki (as Erik pointed out recently)
>
> (b) "official" OpenAL by Creative (continued from (a)). Development

I have tot state that the Creative implementation is a newly created
version by them. So there is no GPL infragmentation. This is their
official implementation which has hardware support for their soundcards.

>     stalled, not very actively maintained; last commits in May?
>     Broken Doppler on Windows? Most people used to be using
>     this until not too long ago.
Actually this part still belongs to a)

> (c) "new" OpenAL-Soft (http://kcat.strangesoft.net/openal.html)
>     forked from (b)/Win32. Working Doppler (according to its author :-)
>     Debian & derivatives (Ubuntu) seem to have switched to this.

and there is
(d) A complete rewrite of OpenAL done by me, not released yet and still
figuring out how to best push this. I've used this one for at least half
a year now when running FlightGear.

Erik