Hi Gerard,

I suspect I have the same problem as you. My FlightGear instance
(CVS/OSG) seemed to take a large hit in framerate (normal: around 25,
now 3FPS) due to precipitation yesterday and when I tried to disable it
via the Rendering option menu to check whether it really was
precipitation, but nothing happened.

I can't reproduce this currently due to a consistent crash, probably due
to a version incompatibility with a too old OpenAL installation.

Cheers,
Ralf

--
Ralf Gerlich              | World Custom Scenery Project
Computer Scientist        | http://www.custom-scenery.org/