> setup. We also didn't do that many multiplayer demos this year. This year's
> booth setup was actually not really ideal for that; one get's the best
> impression when one can watch the two participating parties at the same
> time. With some minor rearrangements this should be possible, and I would
> like to try and get some more multiplayer demos done again next year.
Let me just add, that I tried a aerotow demo on my laptop which did'nt turn
out very succesfully from the aviation point of view, but seemed to be very
impressive from the software perspective.
I started two FlightGear sessions on my dual core laptop with a secondary
monitor attached, having each FlightGear session on one display. Both
synchronized via the multiplayer server we had. I tried to operate the j3cub
and the ask21 simultaneously but my multitasking capabilities where somewhat
limited to perform fast enough for that. At least, I was able to take off a
couple of feet - but quickly broke the tow.
Nevertheless, people were impressed to see two instances of a simulator on a
single laptop.

Thanks to Durk for the organization of the booth and the other crew members
for a fun time.

Torsten

Want pictures?

http://www.t3r.de/flightpics/fsweekend2008/