On Saturday 22 November 2008 04:38:48 KcKpers Ltd wrote:
> As per the selling it under a different name, well I am actually in the
> process of compiling the game etc under this new name (basically
> re-branding this which I understand is also within the terms of the GPL)

This part is probably one of the most objectionable and damaging things you're
doing.

> I have also included in the website text itself that this is the case so as
> not to deceive people.
> Please have a look under features (last two points)
> Based on the award winning Flight Gear project
> All from the thriving Open Source Community, this sim is forever changing

Interesting - I haven't seen that on any of your websites yet, and it
certainly wasn't there yesterday - I couldn't find a single mention of the
FlightGear project, and believe me I was searching carefully for one.

> Once this goes live I also wanted to contribute some funds to the project
> developers, or perhaps put it towards a new website I have heard they are
> after. This will be a percentage of the actual profit I receive. I
> understand I do not need to do this but I want this sim to be the best
> around for obvious reasons.

If you really want it to be the best sim around, as the rest of us do, why not
follow our example and actually get your hands dirty by helping out instead
of just taking what's already there and putting your name to it?  Why not
sell nicely produced DVD sets of FLIGHTGEAR instead of wasting everyone's
time with a pointless and misleading rebranding effort?

I find the idea that our large team of volunteers (who have put together
a "world class" flight sim) would be struggling to produce a simple website
quite hillarious...

> I will also try to answer what you want to know and even look at a better
> way of portraying this software if this is necessary to keep the peace.

Giving the proper credit due to the real authors would be a nice start, as
would refraining from depriving the project of users who could quite
conceivably turn into contributers, as a fairly high percentage of our users
do.  If they don't know where the real FG community is, both we and they are
missing out.

AJ