Stuart Buchanan wrote:
> gerard robin wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> I recently succeeded to build FG CVS with osg 2.7.5  and boost ( ouf , but
>> on
>> only one  computer) .
>> I get that  strange 3D clouds   mapping , is it just me ?
>> http://pagesperso-orange.fr/GRTux/checkboard.jpg
>
> No, it's not just you. It is a (rather poor) attempt by the code to handle
> cloud coverage.
>
> I have a fix for this, along with some further performance tweaks I expect to
> have them available shortly.

I updated this morning, and the clouds are looking very nice:
http://flightgear.stockill.org.uk/testing/EGXGsnow.jpg
http://flightgear.stockill.org.uk/testing/EGXGrain.jpg
http://flightgear.stockill.org.uk/testing/sherburn.jpg

There does seem to still be some interaction with the 2d cloud layers
though (pics taken at 500ft intervals):

http://flightgear.stockill.org.uk/testing/error1.jpg
http://flightgear.stockill.org.uk/testing/error2.jpg
http://flightgear.stockill.org.uk/testing/error3.jpg

I'm not sure if it's a transparency issue, or a draw order problem.

Jon