I have no problem compiling and using FG/CVS for years now, but my real
thought is that distributions could not spread the new release until
they won't include plib1.8.5 in their packages bases.

but if nobody thinks it could be a problem for FG, it will surely not be
one.

btw, if I remember correctly, it seems that FG needs also osg with a
certain version number too.

note: my compile script ./compile from the previous link was a bit
outdated (and versionning control not working on this version), I've
just pushed the actual version at the same place for the interested.

regards
seb