On 25 Dec 2008, at 10:54, John Denker wrote:

> 52:: Core feature: Nav: Reversible ILS: Consider the following
> scenario.  In the 1.9.0 Sim World, you are on the KJFK ILS RWY 31R

<snip>
> In the Real World, the active runway is determined based on wind
> conditions (etc.) and the reversible ILS is set accordingly,
> independent of aircraft position.
>
> 53:: In real life, there are many circumstances where airport lights,
> including approach lights, are turned on during the day. At tower
> airports, the lights are turned on during conditions of low
> visibility and/or low ceiling, and also turned on if requested by the
> pilot. For details, see FAA Order 7110.65p.

<snip>

Both of these are related to airport dynamics, which is an area Durk
has been working on, and which I intend to get into in the medium-
(definitely not short-) term. Durk's code already tracks active
runways, but it's not hooked up to the rest of the code, i.e lighting,
ILS enables and so on. All of these things are doable and worthwhile.
PCL should also fall out of such a system.

At some point I hope to have a discussion about sorting out the
division of labour between FGAirport and FGAirportDynamics, since most
of the code only wants to deal with FGAirport, but would like some
dynamic information to be queried (transparently) from the dynamic
information.

As you note, most of these decisions are high-level, so I hope that
most of this work will be Nasal, not C++, once some more APIs are
exposed to the scripting layer.

James