Hi,

seeing reports that the big black box is often met with a FBO error, I began to
look at our way to render to texture. And I found this piece of code in
od_gauge.cxx, line 63 :

    camera->setRenderTargetImplementation(osg::Camera::FRAME_BUFFER_OBJECT,
osg::Camera::FRAME_BUFFER);

so it looks like the render to texture occurs in the frame buffer when FBO are
not available. Maybe I am mistaken, but what about :

    camera->setRenderTargetImplementation(osg::Camera::FRAME_BUFFER_OBJECT);
or
    camera->setRenderTargetImplementation(osg::Camera::FRAME_BUFFER_OBJECT,
osg::Camera::PIXEL_BUFFER_RTT);

instead ? Old style RTT should be available widely without the need to draw to
the frame buffer, and corrupt the scene.

-Fred

--
Frédéric Bouvier
http://my.fotolia.com/frfoto/              Photo gallery - album photo