Erik Hofman wrote:
> It has been a while since I've looked at this so I have to dig a bit
> here. I don't think much has changed in the mean time though, except for
> adding positioning and directional parameters.

Thanks Erik, most helpful.

Although I have to say that I decided to do it by just performing the
calculation in a nasal function which sets a property with the derived
volume value 0 to 1 for the sound.xml to pick up and use.

As you've shown it can be done in the xml, but it just seems so much
more complicated to understand it, for what small performance advantage
it might get.