So I might have done something foolish. I've been doing a bunch of
modifications to Flightgear 1.0.0 for research purposes. I decided I should
check out Flightgear 1.9.1 to get a feel for it, and see if there was good
reason to port my modifications over to that system, so I just downloaded the
pre-compiled version to try it out.

Now 1.0.0 doesn't work anymore. When fgfs.exe is run, the following error
immediately pops up in windows: "The procedure entry point alutLoadWAVFile
could not be located in the dynamic link library openal32.dll."

I've re-compiled both simgear and flightgear, no avail. I've made sure that
openal32.dll is the same version that was there when I first got everything
running, and is in the right place; that didn't help either. Any other
suggestions?
-cullam