Mathias Fröhlich wrote:
> Catching up with an already heated up discussion.
>
> IMO:
> Tim should go on and include arrays into the property system.
> I even believe that aggregates and more sophisticated types will be something
> good to have.

There is still something that isn't addressed with his proposal.
At this time all types can be converted to all other types. It would be
easy to convert any float/doubles or integers to a one element array,
but how would a multi-element array be converted to a float or integer?
My best guess is returning a NaN which is not very elegant (and which
doesn't work for integers).
Another way is to just ignore the node if a non-compatible type is
requested.

Maybe it's a good idea to let Tim include the code to support
array-nodes without using it anywhere yet (or provide a patch). That way
we can look (and feel) how it is going to work. do some small tests
ourselves and make decisions based on our own experience rather than on
theoretical assumptions.

Erik