Hi,

Re: patch for src/Lib/DEM/dem.cxx

>> using the DEM data available from
>> http://geobase.ca/geobase/en/data/cded/index.html,
>> which has a resolution of about 30m...

These great ASCII DEM files have a resolution of
0.75 arcsecs, and unfortunately libDEM had been
coded for _ONLY_ integer col_step and row_step
in the output stage...

This requires a minor changes in dem.cxx :-
The lines :-
  fprintf( fp, "%d %d %d %d\n", span_x + 1, (int)col_step,
     span_y + 1, (int)row_step );

Need to be changed to :-
  fprintf( fp, "%d %f %d %f\n", span_x + 1, col_step,
     span_y + 1, row_step );

Note, col_step, and row_step are already read in, and
maintained as doubles, so no other change is required.

The attached patch does the job ;=)) Then demchop
will correctly output the <index>.arr.gz files...

Some quick images show the 'profound' effect ;=))
 http://geoffair.net/tmp/newscenery.htm#success3

I would respectfully request this patch be applied
to the terragear repository...

Regards,

Geoff.

PS: I tried to put a newline in the commit message,
using $ git commit -m "msg\n\nwith new line" ...
but obviously this is NOT done by using \n ;=)) will
learn how someday... if anybody can help...

attached: 0001-Allow-non-integer-steps-n-nFor-ASCII-DEM-with-say-0.patch