Martin Spott wrote:
>  Hi Alexis, Manuel,
>
>  Alexis Bory - xiii wrote:
>
> > Also please, would you mind choose and formalize a specific name to
> > the JSBsim Tomcat? I already proposed to you
> > $FG_ROOT/Aircraft/f-14b-jsbsim/f-14b-jsbsim-set.xml, but now, it is
> > up to you to decide and fix this. Actually, it would be a nice idea
> > to do what's needed to avoid confusion.
>
>  I'm not certain if I understand correctly: Does Manuel build another
>  F-14B from scratch or is he creating a JSBSim-based FDM configuration
>  for the current F-14B ?
>
>  If the latter is the case, you could simply drop the second FDM setup
>  into the same directory - there are more aircraft with different
>  FDM's to choose from.

Hi Martin,

Yes, this is the later case. And actually it would be much better to
incorporate the new JSBsim config in the existing folder. I completely
agree with you. *But* before this to become a nightmare, I think some
matters have to be clearly mastered. The f-14b is now a very complex
model, and sadly, just "dropping the second FDM setup into the same
directory" won't be enough.

I would suggest to Manuel to practice tar and diff as a first step :-)
And it wouldn't be a disaster if there were more questions asked...

>  Cheers,
>
>  Martin - proud owner of some rather comprehensive documentation on
>  the F-14(A).

What about NAVAIR 01-F14AAA-1A ? <-- looks like still classified. (note
the "A" at the end of the ref.)

Alexis