I’ve posted a new version of the JSBSim reference manual with much more
included on input/output and scripting. You might be interested in the part
on the stripchart application I described below.

Jon

From: Jon S. Berndt [mailto:jonsber...@comcast.net]
Sent: Saturday, August 15, 2009 4:42 PM
To: 'FlightGear developers discussions'
Subject: Re: [Flightgear-devel] Printing Logging Values on FlightGear Screen

Greetings,

It may not be straightforward, but I can tell you how to send output from
any JSBSim aircraft model in FlightGear to a stripchart program, which plots
data at runtime. But, the stripchart program only runs on a Windows machine.
It communicates via socket, so you could send the data from
FlightGear/JSBSim running on any machine to a Windows machine running the
stripchart application.

You can get the stripchart application here:

www.jsbsim.org/stripchart.zip

You need to have an <output> element in your JSBSim aircraft definition
file. I will be posting an updated version of the JSBSim Reference Manual in
the next day or two. I will try to add some information about this
Stripchart application.

I really should modify this application to support any arbitrary data stream
coming from FlightGear as well as JSBSim, because it’s such a darned useful
tool. I’m sure there are other ways to do this, too, using Matlab or
something.

I might be willing to send the code to someone if there is a serious desire
to port it, but it’s an old Borland C++Builder application u sing Steema’s
TeeChart library.

Jon