> I agree, we are due for an aggressive -Wall clean up and I'd like to remind
> our active developers that they should consider always compiling with
> warning flags activated.  The following is pretty standard for me ...
>
>     CFLAGS="-Wall -O2" CXXFLAGS="-Wall -O2" ./configure
>
> There is a lot of avoidable warnings that have crept into our code in the
> past few months.

Message copied ;-)

I just cleaned up all the compiler warnings for SimGear, so it now compiles
without a single warning.
At least here on 'gcc (SUSE Linux) 4.3.2 [gcc-4_3-branch revision 141291]'

One actual bug (write behind array size) and one possible bug (use of
uninitialized variable) were discovered and removed.

While at it, I also commented out the building of tabbed_value_test and
swap_test in simgear/misc and openal_test[12] in simgear/sound in Makefile.am
If this hurts in any way, they are easily reenabled.

Greetings, Torsten