Hi,

Attached is a patch for FGMacOSXEventInput.[ch]xx

Torsten, Could you commit it with the following comments:
-----------------------------
Fixed: wrong event name for abs-hat0-y
Modified: let AxisElement to generate normalized input (-1.0 to 1.0).
                  This can be temporal and can be removed when AxisEvent
normalizes its value.
Modified: clean up code
Added: some comments so other Mac developers can see what's going on
-----------------------------

By the way, I found some differences between Linux and Mac OS X implementation,
and want to hear some idea on how to eliminate the differences.

1. button index
in FGLinuxEventInput.cxx the button index for misc usage begins from 0,
but in USB specification, the index for button (on Button Usage Page) begins
from 1 (same in FGMacOSXEventInput.cxx)
This difference affects the compatibility (among OSs) of event configuration
files.
So I'm wondering which way we should follow.
Maybe we should follow the linux way since it's easier to convert the existing
joystick configuration files into new event configuration files.
(button index in a joystick configuration file also begins from 0)
What do you guys think?

2. event names for buttons of mice, joysticks (for generic desktop page), and
gamepads
At this moment, there's no button-left, button-right, etc in Mac OS X
implementation.
The same is applied for gamepad buttons, and joystick buttons. Instead, the
button events are named like button-N regardless of device type.
I guess it is easier to assign names in button-N format, but if we really need
to clearly state button-left, or button-right, button-a, or button-trigger
instead of button-N, then I'll add some code to generate these.

I want to note that it is doable on Mac OS X by checking CA type of HID usage,
but I'm not so sure if it is one-to-one relationship among HID usage and button
names in all devices. if not, we must not use the linux way. We also needs to
consider the possible Windows implementation.

Any idea on this?

Thanks in advance,

Tat