Hi Vivian, testing your new groundvehicle class for AI scenarios in the
context of a "train" of tanks and another of jeeps, I stumbled into their
wandering in the air.
The solution is two-fold : one, specify a starting altitude through the
<altitude> tag in the groundvehicle's <entry> in the ai scenario, even
though we're using a flightplan (maybe I could have just re-ordered things
around to we don't do GetPitch et al. before popping the first waypoint, but
this was simple ;))
This ensures we don't have zero as elevation in the initial calculations
after applying my patch.

What my  patch does is to stop using an arbitrary 10000m lookup for the
geode checks, but rather use the current elevation in meter, to avoid
finding anything else, including buildings, or other models, which was
gradually building up to an error amounting to the whole "train" floating
above ground.

Been testing it in the very hilly terrain in between La Honda and the
Stanford Accelerator center, at the upper edge of Palo Alto.
They conform to the terrain way better after the patch, and setting an
initial altitude.
I'll leave it up to you to see if the patch has any applicability in your
further work with the AIGroundVehicle class, but I wanted to point out the
hovering higher and higher as time goes by behaviour and provide a solution
:)

Cheers,
Nic

--
Be Kind.
Remember, everyone is fighting a hard battle.