Tim Moore wrote:
> I'd prefer to shoot for having a strong beta to show at FSWeekend, then do a
> release
> around Christmas. I suppose this implies a "feature freeze" in the release
> around the
> 1st of October. My preference would be to do the release like we did the
> maintenance
> release -- from a git branch that contains only selected patch sets from CVS.
>
> In order to get users to actually test the beta, do we need to essentially
> cut a
> release?
>
> Tim

I agree with Tim that a Christmas release sounds like a sensible target. I
should have
a bit more free time around then to help out with Manual updates etc.

I'm currently working on some minor improvements and bug-fixes to the 3D clouds
code.
Most of the changes are around the XML format, and better texture control
rather than a
fundamental re-write.

-Stuart