It doesnt happen on every aircraft.

Eg Concorde works fine, whilst 787 Crashes.

If you want me to test which aircraft do and dont crash then let me
know. However an aircraft which does crash eg Bravo/777-200ER does it
predictably and consistently.

I also considered the positions of VOR's as well either east or west,
but that seems to have no effect.

pete